Register your student for school
Please bring in a copy of your child's birth certificate and current immunizations. If you are unable to download forms, please stop by the office and pick-up a registration packet.
Rethink Reduce Reuse Recycle
Waste Management encourages students to recycle at a recent assembly
Watch D.O.G.S. (Dads of Great Students) is an innovative program aimed at increasing male involvement in schools across the county. Organized by the National Center for Fathering, this program gives schools the structure to bring fathers and father figures (grand dads, uncles, etc.) into the building to provide positive male role models for the students and to enhance school safety.
Utsalady Elementary School is proud to be a Watch D.O.G.S. School friendly school. Contact the office at 360-629-1260 if
you would like more information and/or to sign up.
Click on "Read More" below to see pictures of our UES Watch D.O.G.S.
Acknowledgement of Handbook Access
The Stanwood-Camano School District is providing the
Student/Family Handbooks and Code of Conduct in electronic form to be more
efficient and provide more convenient access for parents and students.
Students must sign a copy of the document Acknowledgement Handbook access13/14 by September 20, 2013.
A printed copy of the student handbook and code of conduct will be provided to all parents who request them. These copies are also available at all school offices.
Register NOW at Utsalady Elementary, or You may come into the office during our
August 15th - 31st, 7:30am - 3:00pm, Monday - Friday.
Please bring student birth-certificate and immunization records.
UES Dress Code
We ask that despite recent fashion trends, that parents and students remember that school is a place for learning and that appropriate clothing is expected.
The following “4-3-2-1-0” dress code is strictly adhered to at Utsalady.
- Necklines should be no lower than 4 fingers below the clavicle notch
- Tops must have a minimum of a 3 finger strap and show no undergarment
- Skirts and shorts should be no shorter than the finger tips of the 2 arms stretched straight down
- “Tummies” and underwear should not show when 1 arm is stretched straight up
- 0 tolerance for jeans, shorts, etc. that are too low and expose the student’s back end when sitting, bending over or otherwise engaged in any activities.
As always, NO HATS and due to multiple injuries, flip-flops are not allowed at Utsalady.
Ice and Snow
Volunteer and Visitor Guidelines
Volunteering in the Classroom
We LOVE having volunteers here at Utsalady. It’s so important for you to be involved in your child’s education. Volunteering is one way to be involved. Whether it’s working at a Booster Club event, helping in the classroom, being a Watch D.O.G.S. or chaperoning a field trip. Before volunteering you must:
1. Have your Washington State Patrol (WSP) background check completed and into our computer system. The WSP background check lasts for 2 years.
2. Take the Harassment Intimidation Bullying (HIB) training offered by the district or school before volunteering. This is to be completed yearly.
One of the most important things you can do to help your child succeed in school is to make sure he or she is there every day, on time. When students miss school, they miss critical opportunities to learn and participate. Each lesson and class is critical to learning. The material covered each day depends on the lesson from the day before and introduces ideas for the next day. When your child must be absent, be sure to let us know the reason for the absences, by calling the office on the day of the absence.
For school closure information call 629-1240
During inclement weather situations, safety is the Stanwood-Camano School District's biggest concern.